|Rosemary in the movie|
|Age|| 12 |
around 19 (film)
|Portrayed by||Taylor Swift|
It is revealed that Rosemary is the Giver's daughter and became the Receiver-in-training after him. After experiencing all the pain and loss that were in the memories transmitted to her, she applied for Release and asked to inject herself, willfully committing suicide.
- In The Giver, Rosemary never appeared directly nor via flashbacks, as the events take place after her death. However, she is mentioned by other characters, Jonas, the chief elder and The Giver himself.
- Rosemary did appear in the film adaptation of the The Giver.
- Rosemary is the only confirmed character to have applied for release.
- After her release, it was made an official rule that the Receiver of Memory could not apply for release. This was because the memories that Rosemary had received had been transmitted to the community was devastating as the community must then bear the memories all along.
- After her release, the name Rosemary was designated as Not-to-Be-Spoken, which meant that the name cannot me mentioned or be reused on a newchild.